Skip to content ↓

Medical Needs

Medical & Medication Forms

At the start of each academic year Parents and Carers are asked to complete a medical form for their child. It is important you do this and also keep us informed of any changes throughout the year.

If your child needs any medication to be administered daily, an additional consent form needs to be completed. Unfortunately we are unable to administer any medication without signed parent consent.

Medication which is administered in school is stored in a secure cupboard in the medical room and is administered by members of the senior leadership team.

Asthma inhalers are either carried by students or they are stored in classrooms.

If your child has additional medical needs and may at times need emergency medication you will be contacted by the school nurse, who will devise a Care Plan. This will need signed consent from Parents, the school and the school nurse.

Our staff are given training and regular updates in the administration of emergency medication.

We are only able to administer paracetamol if this has been prescribed by a doctor and has a pharmacy label with your child's name, as well as a signed consent form.

We are not able to administer over the counter remedies such as cough medicines, throat lozenges, eye drops or aspirin and ask that you do not send anything of this nature in to school.

Community Paediatrics Clinic

The Community Paediatric team holds appointments clinic only for students and their parents at Hazel Oak School once a week.

If you would like to contact the Community Paediatric Team, please see the details below: