Special Education Needs and Disabilities


Every child who attends Hazel Oak School has a Statement of Special Educational Needs and disabilities (SEND) or an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP). These legal documents explains what your child can do, what they need help with, and the strategies and environment necessary for them to make progress.

Each pupil has an Individual Education Plan which focuses on specific areas which may be barriers to learning for your child; for example, building relationships, communication, developing independence. We will discuss this with you.

Some children may also require support to manage their behaviours in school; we will talk to you about strategies that we feel may work, and which you may be able to use at home.

Please see the following links for more information:


Go to the ‘Admissions’ section – Entry to Hazel Oak – to find out how places are allocated at the school.