Students in Key Stage 4 & 5 participate in a range of external accreditation, which includes the following:
Key Stage 4.
- English, Maths and Science – GCSE or Entry Level
- PE Entry Level
- BTec Level 1 Home Cooking Skills or Entry Level Food Studies
- Computing/ICT Entry Level
- Art GCSE/Entry Level
- Year 10 only: Design Technology Entry Level
- Year 10 only: Humanities Entry Level
- Year 11 only: Land Based Studies Entry Level
- Year 11 only: ArtsAward (Shakespeare for Schools)
Key Stage 5 (Sixth Form).
- English and Maths –Functional Skills Certificates at Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2.
- Business and Enterprise – Social Enterprise Qualification (SEQ) at Bronze (Y12) and Silver (Y13)
- BTec Level 1 & 2 Home Cooking Skills
- OCR Employability Skills Entry Level 3 Award
- In Year 12 – Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award
- City and Guilds Introduction to Hair and Beauty at Entry Level 3 or Level 1
- ArtsAward Bronze or Silver
- Music Level 1
- Farming – City and Guilds Entry Level Certificates in Skills for Working Life – units in Agriculture, Conservation, Horticulture and Animal Care.
- NCFE Creative Craft Level 1
Our qualifications are accredited through the following examination boards:
- City and Guilds
- Trinity College London
All students are sent a list of dates for any accreditation they may be involved in. attendance on examination days is vital and we do not authorise any absence during the exam period.
Mrs Carey is our exams officer and can be contacted at school should you have any queries.
Should you wish to appeal against any of the results awarded, including marking of coursework, and controlled tasks, Mrs Carey will be able to assist you with this. Where applicable, the school will put in place access arrangements, in line with exam board regulations, for students who need these to participate in externally accredited courses.
If you have any other queries, please contact Mrs Fitzmaurice, Key Stage 5 Manager or Miss Betts, Key Stage 4 Manager.