The Government provides additional funding for primary schools to improve their provision of PE and sport.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- Supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life club
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- Pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
Please use the links below for information regarding Hazel Oak’s Primary Sports Premium spending last academic year and the impact that this had, as well as the plans for our 2016-2017 spending.